Information for prospective studentsFont Size T T
Thank you for choosing Inoorero University for your training. We believe you have made the right choice.
At Inoorero University we plan to make your stay as holistic and fruitful as it can be. We plan to give every student an opportunity to be the sculptor of their identity and to become an outstanding individual.
It is our dream that every student that passes through the Inoorero University furnace will not only be refined to distinction but shine like a flawless gem.
The University has a wide variety of sports games and different clubs and societies which give the students an opportunity to relax and enjoy themselves.
We believe you have the potential to be the best you can be.
Welcome to Inoorero University – Refining to Distinction.
Why Study at IU?
- We have a heritage of over quarter of a century in education and training excellence, since 1983 as Kenya School of Professional.
- IU is "The Enterprise University" driven by Creativity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The University has a business incubation programme for its student entrepreneurs; we aim to have students be job creators/self employed or relevant to employers.
- IU has a Ksh.14 Million scholarship fund to assist bright and needy students.
- IU is affiliated to renowned international and local Universities including Copenhagen Business School Denmark, UNISA South Africa, and JKUAT among others.
- IU has close links with Industry and a member of various professional bodies e.g. Society of Kenya, Kenya Private Sector alliance, Kenya Institute of Management etc. for networking opportunities and students’ attachment and employment.
- IU offers relevant market oriented programmes at certificate, diploma, degree and EMBA. This includes programmes where students are guaranteed employment such as Certificate in Advanced ICT Technologies in collaboration with Dhanush Australia.
- IU is an ICT driven university in touch with modern times. Students have access to Wezesha laptop loans, ICT projects and competitions e.g. The HP innovation competition run by Hewlett-Packard Limited, USA.
- IU is a winner of the HP Innovation Award in ICT 2009 and has been voted the best CISCO academy in East Africa for 3 years running.
- IU produced the best English orator in Eastern Africa in the 18th Human Rights Moot Court Competition held in Nigeria in 2009
- IU has highly qualified and professional staff led by Professor Henry Thairu the Vice Chancellor.
- Physical facilities include a conducive study environment, spacious classrooms, a well stocked multimedia library, and well equipped computer labs with a computer ratio of 1:1. Transport is available to and from the city.
- Students are exposed to recreational activities such as sports and games, clubs and societies, Mr and Miss IU, Moot Court and many more.
- Professional counselling services are available for students.
- IU is registered with Directorate of Industrial Training (D.I.T.) for purposes of reimbursement of training fees.
There is indeed value in choosing IU.
A-Z of Programs Offered
DEAD END? – THE IU SOLUTION
Statistics show that 357,488 students sat the 2010 KCSE Examinations. Out of those, 97,137 (27%) students made the University qualifying mark of C+. This means that 260, 351 (73%) of the students have no hope of University Education. Further, of the 97,137 qualified students, approximately 75, 000 (77%) will not get Joint Admission Board (JAB) admissions.
In view of the above statistics, Inoorero University is creating opportunities for the 335, 351 students who appear set to miss out on University Education as well a chance to build their careers, by offering them various study options at Certificate, Diploma and Degree levels as follows:
- Certificate Level -- D or D+ depending on particular course
- Diploma Level -- C or a relevant Certificate qualification
- Degree Level -- C+ or a relevant Diploma qualification
Further, students will get exemptions for subjects covered in a previous course on progression to a higher course, e.g. Diploma to Degree thereby reducing the time taken to complete the degree.
iu academic progression path
Funding university education in Kenya is quite a challenge for many needy and deserving students. However, finances should not be a barrier to higher education as there are several sources of financial aid available.
To enable you study at Inoorero University, the following forms of financial aid are available to you:
IU is a responsible corporate citizen. The university is committed to rewarding excellence and assisting academically brilliant, disciplined but financially needy students who have demonstrated responsibility and leadership qualities. To this end IU has a Ksh.14 million annual scholarship fund which is open to students from all over the country. The scholarships are open to IU students and those aspiring to join the university.
2. EDUCATION LOANS – BANKS
i) IU/Family Bank Students Loan
Inoorero University has partnered with Family Bank to provide a student loan facility for its students. Students are able to access school fees loans and laptop loans from the bank at a discounted interest rate of 11% subject to meeting the bank’s eligibility criteria.
ii) Other Banks
Most banks have unsecured loan facilities which one could access to finance their education. The rates will not be as low as the IU/ Family Bank facility as it is a negotiated facility.
3. HIGHER EDUCATION LOANS BOARD (HELB)
Established through an act of Parliament, the Higher Education Loans Board administers a Student Loans Scheme. The board provides affordable loans, bursaries and scholarships to Kenyans pursuing higher education in both public and private universities.
4. BURSARIES AND CONSTITUENCY DEVELOPMENT FUNDS (CDF)
Students can access bursaries and loans from the following sources:
- Ministry of Higher Education
- Ministry of Education
- Constituency Development Funds
5. Other loans
The students have access to other loans which include:
- Wezesha laptop loans
- Family Bank laptop loans
University of South Africa(UNISA) Collaboration
The IU Open Learning Institute collaborated with University of South Africa (UNISA) in 1999 to offer over 600 qualifications. UNISA is unique in Africa’s higher education environment. It is the only dedicated distance education provider and one of the top mega-universities in the world. In 2008 UNISA had more than 260,000 students. UNISA combines formative academic programmes and career oriented courses usually associated with a university of technology. Students can choose qualifications from short courses and certificate programs, diplomas, degrees, postgraduate studies and doctoral level programs.
www.unisa.ac.za (opens in a new window)
- Original educational qualifications and copies (2 sets)
- Certified copies of identification documents including ID/passport/birth certificate: marriage certificate/divorce decree
- 2 passport size photographs.
Minimum qualifications for Undergraduate courses
- KCSE O’ level: C+ and above in 4 subjects (including English) or
- 4 KCE Credits (Including English) or
- GCE: Credits in 4 subjects including English or
- IGCSE: Credits in 4 subjects including English or
- ‘A’ Levels 2 Principals 1 Subsidiary or
- UNISA pre-university qualification
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL-experience based)
- SAQA Evaluation certificate (for some courses)
- + 45 years – mature age exemption (no school certificates required).
- LLB degree: B in English, mean grade C+ plus 4 other C+ and above